As the project manager for the City Transit Authority, your goal is to find high-visibility exit signs for a new subway station. Since these public areas are prone to vandalism, you need something metal, but resistant to corrosion. Most importantly, the signs have to be visible through thick smoke. What kind of fixture can do all that?
The answer is our Aluminum Direct View Exit Sign Red LED, a specifiers dream come true! Instead of concealing a single LED light strip inside the housing like normal exit signs, the 40-D-NC-BA displays its non-diffused, high-output LEDs in a pattern that reads 'EXIT'. This gives the direct view sign a visibility far beyond the 100-ft minimum required by UL924 emergency lighting standards, making it the brightest aluminum egress marker in existence!
The 40-D-NC-BA is constructed with a precision die-cast aluminum housing which is given an unfinished, brushed aluminum look. A 3/8" thick vandal-resistant polycarbonate lens protects the exposed LEDs. This sign is manufactured and assembled in the United States.
This Aluminum Direct View Exit Sign Red LED features bright red Light Emitting Diodes arranged to spell 'EXIT' in legal 6" letters. Knock out directional chevrons allow you to point right, left or right/left. The 40-D-NC-BA includes a mounting canopy and hardware for ceiling, flag or flush wall mount installation.
This 40D model includes a maintenance-free, Nickel Cadmium (Ni-Cd) battery pack. It provides emergency backup power to the exit sign for at least 90 minutes, and only requires 48-hours to fully recharge. Ni-Cd is the longest lasting battery type available, lasting an average of 15 years.
A push-to-test switch and LED pilot light on the side of the exit sign housing allows you to test the emergency readiness of the fixture. The LED will flash if any fault is detected in the circuit, LED lights or battery.
- Spec Grade cast aluminum housing with a brushed aluminum appearance.
- 129 red LEDs spell 'EXIT'.
- Exposed LED legend can be seen through smoke and over 100 feet away!
- Protective polycarbonate lens shield.
- Knockout directional chevrons with 7 red LEDs each.
- Dual primary 120 or 277 VAC operation.
- ETL listed to UL924 Standards.
- Includes long-life Nickel Cadmium (Ni-Cd) battery pack.
- Push-to-test switch and LED pilot light for manual diagnostic.
- Self-testing versions available upon request.
- Fully automatic solid-state, two-rate charger.
- Assembled in America
|Weight:||10 lbs||Power Consumed:||8W|
|Mount Type:||Universal||Codes & Standards:||ETL to UL924, UL Damp Listed, NEC, NFPA 101.|