As the Electrical Contractor assigned to purchase the escape lighting in a grain silo, your goal is to find an exit sign that's built tough and hermetically sealed to prevent causing an explosion. You also need a battery backup unit that can take frequent high-pressure hose-downs when the silo is cleaned out.
For this scenario (deemed Class 2 Division 1 by the NEC) check out the Class I Division 2 Hazardous Location Exit Sign. It includes battery backup, keeping the red or green 'EXIT' legend running long after a power outage. The CPEX-WB-GR is ideal for hazardous industrial locations where explosive hexane dust particles are regularly present in the working environment.
The CPEX-WB-GR is constructed with a NEMA 4X rated fiberglass housing that will not dent, peel or corrode. The front access 'EXIT' panel is made of high clarity polycarbonate painted gray on the internal side for scratch protection. The panel is hinged for easy access, and has a built-in gasket that prevents dust or vapor ingress to the sign.
This Class 1 Division 2 Hazardous Location Exit Sign model has many options selectable at checkout, including a Self Test circuit and Extended Runtime. The RBOE has mounting feet for sturdy wall installation.
This CPEX-WB-GR model includes a rechargeable Nickel Cadmium (Ni-Cd) battery pack. It provides emergency backup power to the exit sign for at least 90 minutes, and only requires 48-hours to fully recharge. Ni-Cd batteries have the highest heat tolerance compared to other emergency batteries.
A magnetic test switch and LED status indicator on the side of this exit sign housing allows you to manually diagnose the unit readiness. Personnel should test the RBOE once monthly for 30 seconds, and every six months for a 90-minute battery discharge test.
- Suitable for Class 1 Div 2 Hazardous Locations, Groups A, B, C and D
- T2C Temp. Code - up to 536° F.
- NEMA 4X Listed fiberglass body in a neutral gray finish.
- Hinged front access door with a scratch resistant polycarbonate 'EXIT' panel.
- Choose energy-efficient Red or Green LEDs.
- Easy snap-out directional chevrons.
- Evaluated to UL924 and UL844 standards.
- Includes long-life Nickel Cadmium (Ni-Cd) battery pack.
- Magnetic test switch and LED status indicator.
- Dual primary 120 or 277 VAC operation.
- Wall mount only.
- Single face only.
|Codes & Standards:
|CSA Listed to UL924, UL844 and UL1598.