Your offshore oil platform needs to install marine-rated Class 1 Div 2 hazardous location battery backup lights that can withstand freezing cold temperatures. You also want to cut down on fixture costs by using inexpensive remote floodlights to supplement your escape pathway lighting. Your best solution might be our Cold Location Class 1 Division 2 Emergency Light, which can power two additional 12W halogen floodlights mounted away from the parent unit.
The 12HZM56-2-XG-H1 battery unit is perfect for washdown areas and Class 1 Hazardous (Classified) Locations where electronics must be sealed to prevent detonation of explosive vapors and gases in the air. This battery unit is rated to withstand temperatures up to 248°Fahrenheit and complies with UL 844 Standards for Class 1 Division 2, Groups A, B,C and D. Self diagnostic is standard, which automatically tests the unit readiness and performs monthly and bi-annual battery discharge tests for you.
The 12HZM56-2-XG-H1 is constructed with a corrosion-resistant fiberglass-reinforced polyester housing in a gray finish. The battery cabinet is vented to permit gas exhaust from the battery without admitting explosive gases into the fixture. The front access plate can be unfastened to allow maintenance of the battery and charging circuits. The 12HZM56-2-XG-H1 is sealed with a retention gasket to prevent the ingress of water or gas fumes.
This industrial harsh location battery unit has two (2) top mounted 12W Par36 sealed beam halogen flood lamps. These thermoplastic lamps are completely waterproof and can be aimed and locked to fit most egress pathway lighting arrangements.
The 12HZM56-2-XG-H1 includes a 12-volt lead calcium batty which is more resistant to corrosion, overcharging, gassing and have a higher cranking amperage than standard SLA or Ni-Cd batteries. It has an extra 32-watt capacity that can support the fixture lamps and two additional remote heads.
This model features a thermal jacket heater which maintains the battery in temperatures as low as -4°F.
- UL 844 Standard for Class I Division 2, Groups A, B, C and D.
- Thermal battery warmer provides operation in cold locations with temperatures that dip as low as -4° F.
- Self-test included.
- Nominal operating temperature: 50° to 104°F.
- Fiberglass-reinforced polyester housing with industrial gray powder coat finish.
- Two (2) adjustable 12W halogen Par36 heads.
- Enough capacity for two (2) additional remote heads.
- Heavy duty aluminum mounting backplate with universal keyhole pattern.
- Includes 12V Lead Calcium battery.
- Built-in battery charger and self testing circuitry saves on maintenance costs.
- Made in America.
|(2) 12W halogen sealed beam Par36.
|Codes & Standards:
|UL 924 Listed, UL844 NEC, OSHA.