As the Electrical Contractor assigned to purchase egress lighting for a new offshore oil rig, your goal is to find a stylish, energy-efficient exit sign that can withstand the punishing weather and salt spray of the open ocean. But most important, this egress marker must be hermetically sealed to prevent the ingress of combustible gases or vapors.
In this scenario (deemed a Hazardous Location by the NEC) you need the Class I Div 2 Edge Lit LED Exit Sign. It includes battery backup, keeping the red or green 'EXIT' legend running long after a power outage. The HLEX is ideal for harsh industrial locations where explosive gas or vapors could accidentally be introduced to the working environment.
The HLEX is composed of a copper-free cast aluminum housing with a baked-on epoxy powder coat finish that will not dent, peel or corrode. The 'EXIT' faceplate is made of acrylic, and comes in both single and double face models. 1/2" Spin-off NPT conduit hubs on either end of the housing allow for airtight electrical conduit entry.
This Class I Div 2 Edge Lit LED Exit Sign model is fully gasketed to prevent liquid or gas ingress to the sign's battery, circuits and LED strip inside. The HLEX has many options to choose from. Choose between single or double face units. Choose Red or Green LED light sources. Also decide if you want a Ceiling Pendant, Wall Mount or End-Mount configurations.
This HLEX model includes an extended runtime Nickel Cadmium (Ni-Cd) battery pack. It provides emergency backup power to the exit sign for up to 3 hours, and only requires 48-hours to fully recharge. Ni-Cd batteries have the highest heat tolerance compared to other emergency batteries.
A sealed push-to-test switch on the upper housing allows you to assess the readiness of the battery, LED strip and circuit. By choosing the Self Test model, you can save a lot of maintenance time, as the ST microprocessor will conduct monthly battery discharge tests for you.
- Suitable for Class 1 Div 2 Hazardous Locations, Groups A, B, C and D
- T6 Temp. Code - up to 185° F.
- Copper free cast aluminum housing with a neutral gray powder coat finish.
- Stylish acrylic "EXIT' sign panel - available in Single or Double face.
- Choose high output Red or Green LEDs.
- Includes adhesive directional chevrons.
- ETL Listed to UL924 and UL844 standards.
- UL1598A Marine Outside Type.
- IP65 Rated.
- Includes Nickel Cadmium (Ni-Cd) battery pack with a 3 hour runtime!
- Dual primary 120 or 277 VAC operation.
- Choose wall, ceiling or end mounting.
|Wall, Ceiling, End.
|Codes & Standards:
|ETL Listed to UL924 & UL844, UL1598A Listed, IP65.