If you're looking to update the egress lighting in your non-hazardous food processing plant, get the energy-saving, maintenance-busting NEMA 4X NiCad Battery Wet Location LED MR16 Emergency Light. This sleek exit light is NSF Rated and provides efficient illumination via adjustable 5W LED MR16 heads protected by a clear tamper-resistant lens. And with the included Nickel Cadmium battery, you get to save both shipping and maintenance costs!
The EXT-6-22-LED-MR16-5W is constructed with a .100" thick heavy die cast aluminum rear housing that is powder coated with an industrial gray baked-on finish. The battery allows for remote lamp loads, which can be hooked-up via sturdy terminal connectors on the sides of the unit.
A clear 0.125" thick polycarbonate lens shields the lighting heads inside and is highly resistant to impact. To meet NEMA 4X and IP66 protocols, a memory retention gasket protects the inside cavity from dust, moisture or water ingress. To prevent tampering, stainless steel hex screws are supplied which can only un-fasten using a special bit (supplied).
The NEMA 4X NiCad Battery Wet Location LED MR16 Emergency Light can mount to any inflammable wall or ceiling surface via a universal mounting pattern and key hole slots cast into the mounting backplate. Stainless steel straps are included for surface mounting.
Battery and UL Testing
The EXT-6-22-LED-MR16-5W includes a shrink-wrapped pack of AAA-sized 6V Nickel Cadmium batteries, which supplies 22W of usable emergency power ideal for a nearby remote head or exit sign. For freezers or any location that dips below 40° F, please choose the Internal Heater (IH) option which brings the operability range as low as -4° F.
Because Ni-Cd batteries are much lighter than Lead Acid type, the shipping costs will be a significantly less than the equivalent SLA model. Ni-Cd battery replacements are typically cheaper to buy, and last up to three years longer than 6V sealed lead acid blocks.
A push-to-test button can be accessed by removing the polycarbonate lens, and allows maintenance personnel to quickly observe the operational status of the fixture and lamp loads. This switch also allows personnel to discharge the battery on a monthly and bi-annual basis to maintain full readiness. Above the button is a dual diagnostic LED display indicating AC/ON and High Charge.
Want to automate UL required testing? Simply choose the Autotest (AT) option, which includes a microprocessor that constantly monitors the lamps, battery and circuits. AT also performs all scheduled maintenance tasks for you!
- Heavy duty cast aluminum housing with industrial gray powder coat finish.
- Clear vandal-resistant polycarbonate lens.
- Two (2) front-mounted adjustable 5W LED MR16 lamp heads.
- 22W capacity for powering two (2) additional 5W remote head or exit sign!
- Fully gasketed enclosure protects from moisture ingress.
- CSA Listed to UL 924, ETL Listed to ANSI / NSF Standard #2, NEMA 4X and IP66 rated.
- Dual 120/277VAC input.
- High efficiency 2-stage charger provides precise float voltage with low volt disconnect.
- Operating temperature is 50°F to 104°F
- 6 Volt Nickel Cadmium (Ni-Cd) battery pack is included.
- Includes stainless steel straps for surface mounting.
- Includes push-to-test switch and charge rate / power indicator.
- Ideal for food service splash zone environments.
|Width:||16.25"||Diagnostics:||Manual. Autotest optional.|
|Height:||7.5"||Light Source:||Light Emitting Diode (LED)|
|Depth:||6"||Lamp Heads:||(2) adjustable 9W Par36 incandescent.|
|Weight:||7 lbs||Wattage Rating:||22W|
|Mount Type:||Universal||Codes & Standards:||CSA to UL 924, ETL to NSF Standard 2, NEMA 4X, IP66.|