Your seaside resort patio was recently inspected by the Fire Marshall, who is threatening to close your business due to improper egress lighting. It seems you need battery backup exit signs made to withstand prolonged sun exposure, salt spray and stormy weather. You need the WLEX-R, which offers added protection and reliability over our normal, wet location listed signs.
Our Weatherproof Exit Sign with Red Letters is UL924 compliant and NEMA 4X Listed for all non-hazardous outdoor areas. This gasket sealed fixture can also withstand high pressure hosedowns. If you have a cold location that drops below 30°F, select an optional Battery Heater which can withstand -4°F temperatures!
The WLEX-R is constructed with a corrosion resistant plastic housing with a light gray finish. A clear polycarbonate faceplate protects the sign legend and keeps it clear of dust, liquid and debris. A silicone gasket creates a watertight seal between the housing and lens, qualifying this fixtures NEMA 4X listing.
This Weatherproof Exit Sign with Red Letters includes a red 'EXIT' stencil, and comes standard in single-sided configuration. The red stencil includes knockout directional chevrons (arrows), adaptable to any exit strategy. The WLX-SA-LR does not include mounting brackets.
The WLEX-R model includes a maintenance-free, Nickel Cadmium (Ni-Cd) battery pack. It provides emergency backup power to the exit sign for at least 90 minutes, and only requires 48-hours to fully recharge. Ni-Cd batteries are also better suited for cold environments where sealed lead acid batteries could corrode or rupture.
By adding the Battery Heater option, the WLEX-R performs as a cold weather exit sign that can survive in temperatures as low as -4° F. Please note this will increase the product lead time one (1) extra week.
- Corrosion resistant plastic housing and clear polycarbonate faceplate.
- Removable faceplate is fully sealed and gasketed for wet weather.
- High output Red LEDs consumes only 3 watts of electricity!
- Knockout directional chevrons.
- NEMA 4X Listed for foul weather conditions and high pressure hosedowns.
- Includes cold weather-resistant Nickel Cadmium (Ni-Cd) battery pack.
- Optional Battery Heater for cold locations below 30° F. Choose 120V or 277V operation.
- Push-to-test switch and LED pilot light for manual diagnostic.
- Dual primary 120 or 277 VAC operation.
- Fully automatic solid-state, two-rate charger.
|Codes & Standards:
|UL924, UL Wet Listed, NEC.