As the Electrical Contractor in charge of installing safety backup lighting in a recently excavated coal mine shaft, your goal is to source ruggedly built, low maintenance exit signs and emergency lights. These fixtures must be 'intrinsically safe' and gasket-sealed to prevent the ingress of combustible methane gas or coal dust - which might normally cost thousands of dollars per fixture. Is there a cost-cutting solution?
Yes there is! Combine the characteristics of an exit marker and backup lighting unit with our Class 1 Division 1 Exit Sign and Emergency Light Backup Power Unit. It includes battery backup, keeping the red or green 'EXIT' legend and lighting heads running long after a power outage. The EXC-1HB-T1SR is ideal for harsh industrial locations where explosive gas or vapors are present in a contained atmosphere.
The battery cabinet of the EXC-1HB-T1SR is constructed of corrosion-resistant cast aluminum and coated with an epoxy finish for added protection against foul weather. A gasketed spin-off cover allows access to the circuit board and battery. Once the cover is tightened, the fixture becomes totally self contained and intrinsically safe, keeping out explosive dust and vapors.
The exit sign and emergency light are connected to the Class 1 Division 1 Exit Sign and Emergency Light Backup Power Unit via heavy industrial NPT conduit. The emergency lamp consists of an aluminum and pyrex globe with a swivel-mounted adjustable 8-watt Halogen lamp. A red or green (please select) exit stencil is placed around the opposite globe fixture. The exit light on this EXC model stays lit during non-emergencies and AC power failures, while the emergency light only activates during power failures.
The EXC-1HB-T1SR includes a 6-volt 50-watt nickel cadmium battery pack which lasts up to fifteen years and has a wider temperature threshold than SLA and lead calcium types.
- UL 844 listed for Class I Division 1, Groups C and D.
- Nominal operating temperature: 50° to 104°F.
- Cast aluminum housing with corrosion resistant epoxy finish.
- For AC and Emergency modes.
- One (1) Red or Green 'EXIT' sign. Choose Single or Double face.
- One (1) adjustable 8W Halogen lamp in a protected pyrex globe.
- Includes 6V 36W Nickel Cadmium battery pack with a 15-year lifespan.
- Built-in battery charger and self testing circuitry saves on maintenance costs.
- Made in the North America.
|(1) exit, (1) 9W HIT.
|Codes & Standards:
|ETL Listed to UL924 & UL844, UL1598A Listed, IP65.