As the Safety Officer in charge of a coal mining operation, your goal is to find a solid built exit sign that is 'intrinsically safe' and gasket-sealed to prevent the ingress of combustible methane gas or coal dust.
In these extreme harsh locations, get the classic Class 1 Division 1 Exit Sign Backup Power Unit. It consists of a weatherproof battery box and a remote mounted steel exit lamp. Choose between a red or green 'EXIT' legend and single or double face signs. The EXC2-T1SR is built in North America and made for the harshest industrial conditions.
The battery cabinet of the EXC2-TS is constructed of corrosion-resistant cast aluminum and coated with an epoxy finish for added protection against foul weather. A gasketed spin-off cover allows access to the circuit board and battery. Once the cover is tightened, the fixture becomes totally self contained and intrinsically safe, keeping out explosive dust and vapors.
Connected to the battery box by industrial NPT conduit is an aluminum and pyrex globe head with a 15W high intensity tungsten lamp inside. A red or green (please select) exit stencil is placed around the globe which stays lit during non-emergencies and AC power failures.
The EXC2-TS includes a 6-volt 25-watt nickel cadmium battery pack which lasts up to fifteen years and has a wider temperature threshold than SLA and lead calcium types.
- UL 844 listed for Class I Division 1, Groups C and D.
- Nominal operating temperature: 50° to 104°F.
- Cast aluminum housing with corrosion resistant epoxy finish.
- For AC and Emergency modes.
- One (1) Red or Green 'EXIT' sign illuminated by a High Intensity Tungsten lamp.
- Includes 6V Nickel Cadmium battery pack with a 15-year lifespan.
- Built-in battery charger.
- Made in the North America.
|Codes & Standards:
|ETL Listed to UL924 & UL844, UL1598A Listed, IP65.