On the prowl for a sleek, energy-saving emergency light ideal for your busy scullery, refrigerators, and kitchen areas? Look no further than our IP66 Waterproof Emergency Light with LED MR16 Lamps. The EXT Series battery backup unit provides ample cool-white lighting via adjustable 5W LED MR16 heads protected by a clear tamper and water-resistant lens.
The EXT-12-36-LED-MR16-5W is built with a .100" thick heavy die cast aluminum rear housing that is powder coated with a corrosion-blocking industrial gray finish. The battery has lots of extra capacity for remote lamp loads, which can be hooked-up via sturdy terminal connectors on the sides of the unit.
A see-through 0.125" thick polycarbonate faceplate shields the lighting heads inside and is highly resistant to vandalism. To meet NEMA 4X and IP66 code, a "memory retention" gasket protects the inside cavity from dust, moisture or water ingress into the fixture. Tamper proof stainless steel hex screws are also supplied which can only un-fasten using a special bit (included).
This IP66 Waterproof Emergency Light with LED MR16 Lamps mounts to just about any inflammable wall or ceiling surface via an adaptable mounting pattern and key hole slots cast into the mounting backplate. Stainless steel straps are also included to aid surface mounting.
Battery and UL Testing
The EXT-12-36-LED-MR16-5W includes a 12V maintenance-free Sealed Lead Acid battery that maintains a 36W load rated for at least 90 minutes. The SLA battery requires only 48-hours to fully re-charge. For freezers or any location that dips below 40° F, please choose the Internal Heater (IH) option which brings the operability range as low as -4° F.
To maintain the battery's 5-7 year expected life span, a discharge test should be performed at monthly and bi-annual intervals. This is accomplished by pressing the push-to-test button behind the polycarbonate lens. This allows maintenance personnel to quickly ascertain the operational status of the fixture and lamp loads. Above the button is a dual diagnostic LED display indicating AC/ON and High Charge.
Forget about testing and keeping log books FOREVER by choosing the Autotest (AT) option -- a microprocessor that constantly monitors the lamps, battery and circuits. AT also performs all scheduled maintenance tasks for you!
- Heavy duty cast aluminum housing with industrial gray powder coat finish.
- Clear vandal-resistant polycarbonate lens.
- Two (2) front-mounted adjustable 5W LED MR16 lamp heads.
- 36W capacity for powering an five (5) additional 5W LED remote head!
- Fully gasketed enclosure protects from moisture ingress.
- CSA Listed to UL 924, ETL Listed to ANSI / NSF Standard #2, NEMA 4X and IP66 rated.
- Dual 120/277VAC input.
- High efficiency 2-stage charger provides precise float voltage with low volt disconnect.
- Operating temperature is 50°F to 104°F
- 12 Volt Sealed Lead Acid (SLA) battery is included.
- Includes stainless steel straps for surface mounting.
- Includes push-to-test switch and charge rate / power indicator.
- Ideal for food service splash zone environments.
|Width:||16.25"||Diagnostics:||Manual. Autotest optional.|
|Height:||7.5"||Light Source:||Light Emitting Diode (LED).|
|Depth:||6"||Lamp Heads:||(2) adjustable 5W LED MR16.|
|Weight:||15 lbs||Wattage Rating:||36W|
|Mount Type:||Universal||Codes & Standards:||CSA to UL 924, ETL to NSF Standard 2, NEMA 4X, IP66.|