If you're in the market for an emergency lighting unit that can cut through haze, smoke and grease fires better than LED, get our patented IP66 Waterproof Emergency Light with Halogen MR16 Lamps. This sleek exit light is NSF Rated for splash zones and provides warm-bright illumination via adjustable 10W MR16 heads, which does not get refracted by haze like cool-white LEDs do.
The EXT-12-36-MR16-10W is constructed with a .100" thick heavy die cast aluminum rear housing that is powder coated with a corrosion-blocking industrial gray finish. The battery has extra capacity for remote lamp loads, which can be hooked-up via sturdy terminal connectors on the sides of the unit.
A clear 0.125" thick polycarbonate faceplate shields the lighting heads inside and is highly resistant to vandalism. To meet NEMA 4X and IP66 statutes, a "memory retention gasket" protects the inside cavity from dust, moisture or water ingress into the fixture. Tamper proof stainless steel hex screws are also supplied which can only un-fasten using a special bit (supplied).
This IP66 Waterproof Emergency Light with Halogen MR16 Lamps mounts to any inflammable wall or ceiling surface via a universal mounting pattern and key hole slots cast into the mounting backplate. Stainless steel straps are also included to aid surface mounting.
Battery and UL Testing
The EXT-12-36-MR16-10W includes a 12V maintenance-free Sealed Lead Acid battery that maintains a 36W load rated for at least 90 minutes. The SLA battery requires only 48-hours to fully re-charge. For freezers or any location that dips below 40° F, please choose the Battery Heater (IH) option which brings the operability range as low as -4° F.
To maintain the battery's 5-7 year expected life span, a discharge test should be performed at monthly and bi-annual intervals. This is accomplished by pressing the push-to-test button behind the polycarbonate lens. This allows maintenance personnel to quickly ascertain the operational status of the fixture and lamp loads. Above the button is a dual diagnostic LED display indicating AC/ON and High Charge.
Want to forget about testing and keeping log books? Simply choose the Autotest (AT) option, which includes a microprocessor that constantly monitors the lamps, battery and circuits. AT also performs all scheduled maintenance tasks for you!
- Heavy duty cast aluminum housing with industrial gray powder coat finish.
- Clear vandal-resistant polycarbonate lens.
- Two (2) front-mounted adjustable 10W Halogen MR16 lamp heads.
- 36W capacity for powering an additional 10W halogen remote head!
- Fully gasketed enclosure protects from moisture ingress.
- CSA Listed to UL 924, ETL Listed to ANSI / NSF Standard #2, NEMA 4X and IP66 rated.
- Dual 120/277VAC input.
- High efficiency 2-stage charger provides precise float voltage with low volt disconnect.
- Operating temperature is 50°F to 104°F
- 12 Volt Sealed Lead Acid (SLA) battery is included.
- Includes stainless steel straps for surface mounting.
- Includes push-to-test switch and charge rate / power indicator.
- Ideal for food service splash zone environments.
|Width:||16.25"||Diagnostics:||Manual. Autotest optional.|
|Depth:||6"||Lamp Heads:||(2) adjustable 10W MR16.|
|Weight:||15 lbs||Wattage Rating:||36W|
|Mount Type:||Universal||Codes & Standards:||CSA to UL 924, ETL to NSF Standard 2, NEMA 4X, IP66.|